Tech Tuesday: "You Spin Me Right Round" featuring Clarisonic

I cannot even being to express how much I love my Clarisonic.  I have the original (I think at one time it was called the "Classic") in white.  You know, the bulkier, heavier device with its own mount.  Despite its bulk and weight, it has been great for my skin, and 5 (give or take) years later it still works like a charm.  The beep and pause, both of which are still present in the newer versions, let the user know that it's time to change areas on the face.  After realizing I would be traveling quite a bit more than usual, I figured if one is good, then two must be better.  I purchased the Mia 2 when all Clarisonic devices went on sale at Sephora awhile back.  They no longer carry it in yellow, which is the color I chose.  Another plus with both devices is the charge, which is phenomenal!  One full charge easily lasts me a month on the original device, and the same goes for the Mia 2.  The biggest difference, aside from the obvious changes that come with product development such as:  beep tone, size, and weight, is that the Mia 2 comes with a travel case.  It seems trivial, but makes all the difference.  I don't have to worry about the device being damaged or contaminated, since it is completely enclosed.  Here's how it goes for shorter trips:  24-hour charge, place the Mia 2 in the case, and toss it in my carry-on! No need to include the charger.  The Mia 2 also has two speeds, giving your skin a deeper cleanse when it needs it.   Clarisonic works even if you have sensitive skin.

I get sporadic breakouts, and the medication I am on (coupled with the aging process) has caused dry patches near my temples.  I only began to notice this when I stopped using my Clarisonic, simply because I was lazy.  Within two days, my skin was noticeably different, and the dry patches were all but gone!  During the winter months, I need something a little bit more hydrating, so I couple my Clarisonic with Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser at night, followed by a toner, face oil, serum, and moisturizer.  In the morning, I use Clarisonic with Sunday Riley Ceramic Skin Cleanser, followed by toner, face oil, SPF, and moisturizer.  In the event that I have broken out, I add a spritz of calamine lotion to my moisturizer.
   

Image property of Clarisonic on Amazon.com


Apparently some people have noticed "skin purging", and break out the first few times they have used it.  Personally, I have never experienced this, and highly recommend that a dermatologist be contacted if that happens.

Do you love Clarisonic as much as I do?  Is there something else on the market that is comparable?  List your opinions in the comments below, or send me a message.

Stay beautiful!

Comments