My LUSH Hits & Misses: Fresh Face Masks


Image courtesy of lush.co.uk


LUSH's fresh face masks are only available in their shops.  Due to their ingredients they are required to be refrigerated.  They should also be used within a couple of weeks, or they may spoil and mold.  Each mask is formulated to address all types of skin concerns.  I have not tried all of them, so I will only include those I have.


Fresh Face Mask
Hit
Okay
Miss
Love Lettuce
x


Brazened Honey

x

Cosmetic Warrior

x

Catastrophe Cosmetic


x
BB Seaweed


x
Oatifix
x





I really liked the idea of Love Lettuce because it is a mask and exfoliator all in on pot.  It was moisturizing and balanced out my skin.  When I was in the shop, they said to use approximately half a pot per use, but I found that I got about 7 or so uses out of one pot.  Unlike Catastrophe Cosmetic, my skin did not feel like there was any residue from the clay.


Brazened Honey was a product I was really looking forward to.  It was exfoliating, but my face was not noticeably…well…anything.  It smelled of honey with earthy, burnt undertones.  Since I had quite a bit left over, I threw it in my hair (just at the ends) and then shampooed it out.  My hair was shiner, so for me, it worked well as a hair mask.  All in all, it was just okay.  


Cosmetic Warrior was formulated to combat oily areas, blackheads, and breakouts.  It contains fresh garlic and has an odd smell, but not (ironically) of garlic.  At the time, my skin was a bit oily in certain areas, so this worked well to diminish the oiliness.  The only problem, as with Cosmetic Warrior and BB Seaweed, was that it felt like a layer of sediment had taken up house on my face.  I always use a toner, which got rid of any residue. 


Since I loved the smell (and blueberries) I thought this would work well.  After a day out in the sun, which is not something I like to do, my skin was a bit red.  Even though it tans relatively fast, my skin needed something to soothe it.  It was nice and cool—of course it was, though.  It had been in the fridge!  Overall, it left more of a residue than the others, even after using a toner.  I also did not notice any sort of change, which was disappointing.     


BB Seaweed has bits of seaweed right in the mask.  It also contains ground almonds to exfoliate the skin.  It smells of a lightly floral ocean, which I was not fond of.  When I used it, it felt like I has slathered on a mixture of mayonnaise, clay, and bits of sand.  The pieces of seaweed were odd, too, because they were diced and mixed in.  After using the pot, I decided not to repurchase it.  I could get past the cons if the mask had affected my skin.


Oatifix is my favorite of the fresh face masks.  It smells like fresh banana bread.  Texturally it feels like blended oatmeal with bananas.  Glycerine, fresh bananas, and ground almonds work with the other ingredients to moisturize dry, irritated skin.  I have used this when my skin was oilier as well as now, when it is more prone to dryness.  Regardless of my skin’s condition, this mask works.  It adds just the right amount of moisture without any feeling of any sort of residue.  It also worked well in my hair, adding softness and shine.  

Do you have a favorite?  What is your go-to fresh face mask when your skin needs a little pick-me-up?

Stay beautiful!

Comments