My LUSH Hits & Misses: Massage Bars

Image courtesy of lushusa.com


LUSH recently released several new massage bars.  Since they have been aerated, you get far less product.  I am not a huge fan of the new scents.  Even Dirty (which is my favorite scent) doesn't smell quite the same...at least, not in massage bar form.  Here are my hits and misses regarding LUSH massage bars.


Massage Bar
Hit
Okay
Miss
Wiccy Magic Muscles


 x
Each Peach (and Two’s a Pair)
x


Shimmy Shimmy


 x
Soft Coeur

x


From Dusk ‘Til Dawn
x


Strawberry Feels Forever
x






Wiccy Magic Muscles felt great.  It has a spicy, earthy scent and the azuki beans make for a great massage.  Unfortunately there was a problem, which makes this a miss.  When I woke up after using this, my skin was covered in pimples!  I had broken out so bad it looked like I had been blanketed in white nonpareils of various sizes.  It also melts quite fast, so be careful or you may end up with a completely melted bar.



Each Peach was one of the first massage bars I tried.  Given the name, you'd assume it would smell like peaches, but alas it doesn't.  It smells of sweet citrus, and I really liked it!  It was not overly greasy and absorbed well.  I have not used it since they reformulated all of the massage bars, so I hope that it's still as wonderful.  Best of all, I did not break out.  The scent also lasts for a few hours, which is nice as it is not overpowering. 



Shimmy Shimmy is great for kids.  It is full of glitter and great for kids (or anyone who loves glitter).  The problem I had with Shimmy Shimmy was how scratchy it was.  The bits of glitter were quite large, too, which made it look like I had doused myself with a bucket of confetti.  This may be fun for parties and fancy dress balls, but not for everyday use.  It is also not as hydrating as others.  



Soft Coeur, also known as "the honeymooner", is a small heart with a big impact.  It is great to use on your own or with your partner.  Each heart contains a piece of chocolate, which is lickably delightful.  It is similar, in scent, to Honey I Washed the Kids.  The bar moisturizes without being too greasy, and absorbs quickly.




When From Dusk 'Til Dawn came out, I was really excited.  It smelled so good; like walking through a field of oranges and lemons.  Similar to the Sun perfume, but without the added earthiness.  Since it is in the shape of a cone, it is great for trying to work out the small knots that we are all prone to getting.        



If you like fruit-scented products, you should love this.  It smells like sweet strawberries!  The scent, however, does not last long--at least, not on my skin.  When I used this bar, I noticed that it melted quite a bit slower than the others.  You may have to warm it up a bit in your hands, or you'll give yourself a burn.  The only problem in using this right before bed is that you have to wait until it absorbs.  If you don't, you'll end up sticking to the sheets!

Comments