Small Business Saturday: Nerdy But Still Girly (The WenSi Creation)

While at one of Whimsic Alley's craft fairs, I came upon a shop with some of the cutest earrings I've ever seen!  They are all inspired by something, whether it is a T.V. show or beloved cartoon.  The Nerdy But Still Girly (formerly known as WenSi Creation), was founded around 2011 by Shelly and her cousin, Wen Wen.  They, along with the design team, create products that are "For fan girls, by fangirls," hence the motto.  Shelly was kind enough to take the time to complete an interview:     

In one word, how would you describe your current customers?
Bacon

Please describe the process behind the establishment of your business (i.e. How the concept came about, the mission/purpose of your business, etc.).
I bought Wen Wen some necklaces and she said to me, "I can teach you how to make these". I went kinda crazy and started making things I really want but cannot find. 

How would you describe the relationship amongst your staff (i.e. family-oriented, strictly business, etc.)?
Wen Wen is my cousin but she no longer participates in the business. You can say I am friends with all my artists. Well, kinda like a fan turned friend? I basically see someones work, fall in love and beg them to be a guest artist. One of my main artists Ri Ri, lives in another country but we chat and send each other goodie bags.

In one word, how would you describe your staff?
Oh no, I already used up my favorite word ;_; lets go with "Talented".

Is there anything random that customers may find and interesting about your company, staff, or products? 

We use to be called "WenSi Creation". The word "WenSi" is a mix between my cousin "Wen Wen" and my name "Si Si". Unfortunately no one ever remembers it so we are now called: Nerdy But Still Girly.  I still use Wen Wen's picture on my logo sometimes because I really do owe everything to her.

Where can potential customers find and purchase your products?
Our main website is: http://www.nerdybutstillgirly.com
You can also get it in certain stores http://nerdybutstillgirly.com/pages/stores

Do you attend any outdoor events, conventions, farmers markets, etc.?
I try to attend as much craft faires as I can but it's hard to premake a lot of things, I also have a really small useless car. You can view the upcoming shows at: http://nerdybutstillgirly.com/pages/craft-shows 
Is there anything you want your customers to know about your business that they may not?  
When I was younger, all I wanted was to draw in my room, wake up whenever I want and not wear pants. I want to thank you to all my customers who have made my dream job come true.<3
---

I absolutely LOVE everything that Shelly and her team create!  Below are a few of the items they currently have.  All photos belong to Nerdy But Still Girly :)


Image courtesy of nerdybutstillgirly.com

Image courtesy of nerdybutstillgirly.com



Image courtesy of nerdybutstillgirly.com


Image courtesy of nerdybutstillgirly.com


Image courtesy of nerdybutstillgirly.com

Comments