Yes, I play WoW, and Love It!

If you had asked me 10 years ago, I would have said that I would never play World of Warcraft.  I didn't see the point, and thought that it was a waste of time.  Plus, I had played (only once) and thought it was idiotic that I had to wait to be hit before I could hit back.  Well, times have changed, and I used a trial that my friend had.  My first character is part of the Alliance.  I created a Death Knight (blood) and named her Darphynia.  She is a dwarf with glowing eyes and loves to attack/kill everything in sight.  She also loves to mine, is an engineer, and loves her pets and mounts.  Don't let her size fool you...she'll zap ya faster than you can slap a tick! 




Within the first week of playing, I found myself not wanting to go anywhere after I had finished my daily routines because I felt that I needed to quest...it became somewhat of an obsession.  Fortunately, I can say that that phase did not last long, and now it is over.  I prefer to quest, but dungeons help my characters level faster.  The only problem is that you are reliant on others to complete the dungeons, and we all know how rare it is to find a good group.  My current mission is to obtain the Ashes of Al'ar mount.  I have two characters nearly at 100, and a few more that are on their way.  

My friend asked me how I named my characters.  Some people pick a name at random, and others will use their imagination to create their own.  Aside from Darphynia and Anzuki (my Monk Panda who is slightly named after my cat), all of my characters have been named for a reason.  They have an origin, whether it is Celtic, Greek, etc., and I try to give them a name that best suits their look and what they do.  For example, my Horde character is Histolytica.  She is an Undead Rogue named after a parasite that feeds on living cells.  Because she is Undead, she can eat most of what she kills to regain her health.         

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend the WoW Armory app.  It allows you to view your characters, take a screenshot, and includes guild chat, currency count, and access the auction house.  I will have posts later on focusing on my other characters.  Who knows; maybe there will be a game-play video or two, in the future, as well. 

Comments