Curry & Wasabi Ramune?!

Yes, I found both of those while at Tokyo Central.  Of course, I had to get them.  They had a third (spicy curry), but I didn't get that.  It was the same price as the other two, and had about half as much.  Unlike the other Ramune, these bottles are plastic and have a different shape.

Curry (left) and Wasabi (right)


The first one I tried was curry.  Upon opening it (the ball is significantly easier to push down in the plastic bottle) I immediately got a whiff of curry.  It was like opening up a box of curry blocks, with a sweet finish.  And the taste?  Well, the taste is not as bad as it sounds.  It's similar to a curry-spiced sweet ginger ale.  Part of me really likes this curry ramune, but the other thinks it would serve a better purpose elsewhere.  I probably will not purchase it in the future, but I'm glad I tried it.  You never if you will like something until you do.

Now, onto the wasabi ramune.  It smells amazing, much like a stronger version of the plain ramune.  The flavor is just like the plain ramune with a lightly sour finish.  I cannot even taste the wasabi.  Even if I could, I'm sure I would still love this one. 

If you are an adventurous eater, you may want to try them out.  You only live once, so you might as well, eh?  What is the oddest thing you have tried?  Or, the oddest thing you've tried and liked/loved?

Stay beautiful!

Comments