My Top 5 Lip Products, Vol. 1

There is a plethora of lip care out in the world.  Lip balms, serums, scrubs, lipsticks, colors...and the list continues.  This first collection are my five favorite lip balms.  Some may not be the best in terms of scent or flavor, but I take something that works over those two any day.  The products mentioned are not ranked in order of favorite to least favorite.  They are listed in the order in which they came into my head.

1.   fresh Sugar Lip Treatment


Image courtesy of Sephora.com

My friend introduced me to fresh nearly 10 years ago.  She said that I had to try their lip balm because it was the best she had ever tried.  At the time it was about $20.00 (it's $22.50/0.15oz now), and I thought paying that much was insane.  But then I tried it, and I was blown away!  Right away, my lips felt smoother, and the product lasted all day.  It also contains SPF 15, which is great.  Your lips need protection, too!  If you're looking to add a hint of color, they now come in 13 shades!  This is definitely a must-have for me, and if you can, you have to try it out.  It is expensive, but worth it.  They also have mini-sized products that are available.  They last awhile and will allow you to determine whether it's a good fit for you.  

2.  Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm
Image courtesy of Sephora.com
This lip balm has been a staple of mine for years.  It goes on smooth an lasts for hours.  My personal favorite is mint, but they come in four other flavors, which you can see here.  Unlike many formulas, this balm is not sticky, and it provide your lips with protection from the sun.  Remember, SPF is needed everywhere!  The product is $7.50/0.25oz

3.  eos Lip Balm Smooth Spheres
Image courtesy of eos

In case you missed it, I recently reviewed eos here.  I really like the portability and quality of the eos lip balms.  They are great for travel and the ingredients are very nourishing.  Since these are not a liquid form, they won't take up any room in your quart-sized bag if you travel by plane. 

4.  Care for Me Lip Scrub

Megan and I started a hobby, making all sorts of body, face, and lip scrubs, which will hopefully blossom into a business.  But for now, it is just a hobby.  We are currently experimenting with lotion bars and dry shampoo.  Our lip scrubs, though, are one of my favorite things.  Okay, I know what you're thinking.  Self-promoting is uncouth, and I shouldn't list this because I'm biased.  Maybe some of that is true, but when I love something, I stick to it.  We use coconut oil, sugar crystals, and the highest-quality flavors we can find to provide the most effective yet tasty lip scrubs.  The coconut oil is soothing and hydrating, while the sugar crystals slough skin away.  Each season there is a limited edition flavor.  Currently, our site is under construction, but if you're interested in donating they are $7.00/1.2oz (plus shipping) and come in a glass pot.  Questions?  Click here to send an email.  And yes, we can customize any order and make gift sets. 

5.  LUSH Cosmetics Lip Scrub

Image courtesy of lushusa.com
LUSH cosmetics has some cult favorites and the lip scrubs, especially Bubble Gum, is one of them.  Personally, I don't care for it at all because the Bubble Gum flavor tastes a bit like soap in my opinion.  I like the Popcorn because it is salty and sweet.  Their lip scrubs are nice to travel with, although they can be messy (but aren't they all?).  Jojoba and coconut oils soften the lips while the sugar and salt exfoliate leaving you with a beautiful pout.  Each lip scrub is $9.95/0.8oz.

 What are your must-have lip products?

Stay beautiful!

Comments