Threading Made Easy with Helix


This post is long overdue, so I apologize.  I received a Helix ThreadEase to try out (a huge "thank you" to the company!) a few months ago.  It is a wonderful threading device, so your eyebrows will always look their best.  Do you ever have those days when you feel like your eyebrows are taking over your face?  I do, especially if it has been some time since going to my eyebrow lady.  For years, I have gone to the same person.  Unfortunately the cost of brow upkeep is increasing, so I only go about once a month.  I am trying to save up for a trip to Japan, so cutting out things here and there are helping with my saving.  I digress....

For quite some time, my cousin used to wax my eyebrows or I had friends who worked in salons who would wax them.  My mom's friend was actually the one to recommend threading, and at first I was skeptical.  I thought, "What the heck does that even mean?!"  I went for my first threading session and loved it.  In my opinion, it does not hurt nearly as much as waxing.  It is also much more forgiving.  For instance, if wax happens to trail across the brow, you may end up losing half your brow.  Or if the wax is too hot, you could leave with blisters!  You also don't have to worry about skin breakouts/rashes since there are no chemicals involved.  Threading allows for a much more precise shaping and takes hardly any time, and does not promote the sagging and wrinkling of skin.  Threading is also a safe hair removal system for pregnant women. 



Kit Contents
Here is how my routine is.  Once a month (sometimes once every two months), my eyebrow lady threads my brows.  She does a beautiful job.   Then, when my brows start to grow back, I grab the Helix and proceed to clean them up.  While I'm at it, I also thread my upper lip.   To use the Helix, cut a piece of string (~12 inches long), make a loop, and tie the ends.  Place the string on the hooks, then spin one side as shown below.  You will want to spin it about 10 times or so.          


String loop placed on the hooks, with one twist

In order to remove the hair for the right brow, pinch the device in you right hand and place the string in the desired area.  Yes, in order for this to work, the string must touch your skin.  Let your hand open up, and you will notice that the twisted part of the string moves towards the midline.  The hairs will get picked up in the string, removing them.  Repeat the same process, except using your left hand, for the left brow.  It may take a couple of tries to get the hang of it, but once you do it's a breeze.     

The Helix may look big, but its shape allows for easy storage.  It is thin and hardly takes up any room.  Helix is also great to travel with, especially if you're going on a long trip.  It lays relatively flat, which means more room in your luggage.  Each Helix kit includes the threading tools, a spool of thread, and carrying case.  The thread itself is thin (they note that on the card), so what I love about this system is that you are not limited to the thread they offer.  For coarse hair, you may want to go with a thicker thread. 
 

Tutorial:

 
How to Set Up the Helix.  Courtesy of helixhairthreading.com 

 
The Helix makes a great gift for anyone.  The tools come in red or black, your choice.  Click here to purchase a kit.  The following sets are currently available:

Deluxe Eyebrow ThreadEase System, $33.33.  Image courtesy of helixhairthreading.com

Complete Eyebrow ThreadEase System, $27.99.  Image courtesy of helixhairthreading.com


Complete ThreadEase System, $21.99.   Image courtesy of helixhairthreading.com
  
What kit are you wanting to try?

Stay beautiful!

Comments