My Introduction to Kiehl's

I have heard of Kiehl's, and of course I have started to see the brand pretty much everywhere.  At first I thought, "Oh great, another skincare company offering empty promises at ungodly costs," but I was a bit wrong.  I was able to sample a few things that were okay, but not favorites (my first go-to is always Mario Badescu).  The products I am LOVING right now are the day and night serums, and the scalp exfoliator.  My skin has some dry and oily patches, which are made worse when the weather changes.

Image courtesy of kiehls.com
Image courtesy of kiehls.com













I received a sample of the (new) Daily Reviving Concentrate ($46.00) and the Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($46.00+).  After washing my face (I always use my Clarisonic) I patted a couple of drops of the Midnight Recovery on my skin.  I followed that up with my moisturizer, and my skin hadn't felt that great in years.  When I woke up, there were no significant dry patches, and I was overly oily.  I never thought that a product could help to make that kind of a transformation, but it did.  After waking up, I washed my face and applied the Daily Reviving Concentrate the same way, following it with my moisturizer and sunscreen.  It has been about wo days, my skin is back to the way it was.  No dry, flaky patches, and no oil slicks!

Image courtesy of kiehls.com
In general, I have always had scalp issues.  They tend to worsen depending on the weather, and I have been looking for an exfoliator that really works.  I have tried to make my own, but have not yet found the desired consistency I want.  I have also tried different exfoliating masks and scalp treatments, but none have helped.  I applied this product as recommended, and LOVE it!.  The Deep Micro Exfoliating Scalp Treatment is about the consistency of a shower gel, and contains ground Apricot seeds & Argan shells.  The menthol is cooling, and yes, the product smells jut like it.  That being said, your hair will not smell medicinal at all once you wash it out.  My scalp always feels refreshed and clean, and it never leaves the roots oily.  I put this on my scalp (scalp can be wet or dry), leave it on for about 4-5 minutes, and rinse.  I then follow it up with shampoo and a light conditioner at the ends of my hair.  It's some kind of wonderful! 

I really love Kiehl's because you can always try something as long as they have a sample of it.  They also have a 28-Day policy, so if you do not care for something you can return it, with a receipt, for a full refund.  Kiehl's also has a once-a-month recycling policy:  Bring in 10 full-sized recyclables of their products (i.e. bottles, jars, etc.), and you will receive a complimentary travel-sized product (2.5oz) of your choosing.  Don't forget to sign up for their free rewards program.  

Comments