LUSH: New Avocado Co-Wash & Queen Bee *Updated*

LUSH Cosmetics recently launched new hair care.  There are more solid conditioners to choose from, as well as a new solid shampoo and a solid leave-in conditioner.  When I was last in the shop I purchased a piece of Avocado Co-Wash (3.5oz/$15.95) and Queen Bee (3.5oz/$16.95).  The shampoo is quite soft and pliable-- much like the old version of Big Conditioner.  You can either pinch a small piece off ands it, or use a whole chunk.  I find that using a larger piece is far easier.  It has a sweet, fruity (almost like Froot Loops or Trix), vinegar smell, but the smell once it is rinsed out is light and slightly sweet.  My hair was left soft, hydrated (not oily), and shiny.  I will definitely repurchase this.  Since it's in the shower and contains a lot of oils/butters, it might melt.  It may also not last as long because of the same reason.  I suggest keeping it in a container and pinching off a small portion.  Lather it up in your hands and apply.  It does not lather like their other solid & liquid shampoos.  I used more than I needed to because I was looking for that signature shampoo lather.  Oh, remember to remove the red wax (there is also wax on the outside of Queen Bee), otherwise it will just break apart and fall down the drain.

Avocado Co-Wash (wax removed).

I used Queen Bee after the gym:  shampooed, rinsed, and rubbed the bar over my hair.  I love that it is a leave-in, and being a solid means more room in my liquids bag when I travel.  The scent is similar to a fake almond with other medicinal, floral, and sweet notes.  It's hard to describe, and while it's not my favorite, it's not the worst scent.  Make sure to remove all of the wax, otherwise you'll have bits in your hair.  This is one product I will not purchase again.  It left my hair very oily, and I had the same results as when I just used coconut oil.  If you are going for a "wet hair" look, this will definitely give that.  

For easier use, pinch off a small amount, let it melt (it melts pretty quickly), and rub it through my hair.  Since my scalp gets quite oily, I only apply leave-in conditioners from about the base of my skull, down.  The same applies to conditioners that rinse out.

**I tried using the product as a balm, and it did help with the little fly-aways, but it's still not my favorite.  I prefer a pomade or flexible mousse.**

Queen Bee.
My hair is completely dry,
but the oils  make it look wet.








As you can see, there are tons of oils and butters in the products.  My fingertips are shiny, and I only held the bars for a few seconds to take the pictures, and film one small clip to show how soft the shampoo is.  I filmed twice, and neither saved.

So shiny!
Have you tried any of the new hair product line?  Let me know what your hits & misses are.

Stay beautiful!

Comments