LUSH Kitchen Mini Haul

This little box o' happiness
 came sooner than I expected.
A look inside the box.







I recently made a purchase through the Lush UK site.  Even with shipping the products can be cheaper.  Things have changed, so the difference isn't as good as it used to be, but I digress.  About a week ago I bought a few things, and the parcel arrived exactly 7 days after it was dispatched. I'm not sure if every product is unwrapped when it ships, but everything was this time (except for the soap).  When I have placed orders in the past, products were usually wrapped in a cellulose film with an ingredient list sticker.  I digress...  What's in the box?  Well, let's take a look!



The products, unboxed!
1.  Mouthwash Tabs

Two of the three they offered.
More fun little Polaroid cards...
not sure what to do with them.







Both of these mouthwash tabs have menthol in them.  If you aren't a fan, then I suggest skipping them the next time they are available.  Personally, I love menthol-- it opens up my sinuses.  To use them, pop one in your mouth sip some water.  Next, chew it up, just as you would with a toothy tab.  Swish, spit, and you're ready to go!  These are are less compressed than the toothy tabs, and break up quite fast.  You can also feel them fizz because of the combination of ingredients.  Each bottle contains approximately 75 tabs.  The were a Kitchen item, and I don't think they're available anymore.  But, they may bring it back.
  • Creme de Menthe

Green, shimmery, and minty!
These little tabs really pack a punch.  They are very minty because they contain peppermint powder AND peppermint oil.  My mouth was first hit by the saltiness of the baking soda.  Next came the menthol, followed by mint and a hint of sweet.  The cooling effect lasted for about 30 minutes.  I think that is mostly because I didn't have anything to eat or drink in that time.
  • Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
Light, shimmery yellow tabs!
This product smells like a lemon & menthol cough drop.  They have a real Asian herbalist quality to them.  Because of the sweetener, there is a definite diet-taste to them.  Initially I was hit by sour/salty flavor, followed by a stinging sensation and that sweet, diet flavor.  It, literally, tastes like a super strong Ricola (save for the diet part).  My mouth felt refreshed thanks to the menthol, but there was a little bit of grit, simply because of the formula.  This tab didn't foam as much as I expected it to, but I could feel it breaking apart, due to the acids and baking soda reacting with the liquid.  There was also an aftertaste of diet-y sweetness, lemon, and menthol, but it didn't last more than about 10 minutes for me.

2.  Hairy McClairy Solid Shampoo

I think this looks like a light green, melting Rice Krispy bar.
During Valentine's there was a product that smelled remarkably similar to this shampoo, mixed with something else that I can't pinpoint.  Maybe Prince Charming?  Ugh, I can't remember.  This solid shampoo is supposed to help with testy scalps, and because of the weather, my scalp is really off.  I have been using it every other day.  It does do a thorough job of cleaning my hair, and leaves it conditioned and shiny.  I have noticed that my hair doesn't get greasy as fast (thanks to an oily scalp), but no other noticeable changes.  Maybe it takes more than a few washes to see the change.

3.  Soap
  • Hippy Cold-Pressed Soap
I think that's supposed to be a lion in the center...
This is probably one of my least favorite products, scent-wise.  It's very strong of patchouli, and reminds me of the lumber department at Home Depot.  I have not used it because I actually bought it for a friend.  I'm sure you're wondering why I would say something negative that I bought for someone else.  Well, she loves patchouli, so I figured it would be the perfect for her.  Sadly, the center doesn't look like anything recognizable... 
  • Quinquireme of Nineveh
Sam made the soap!
The smell of this milky, white soap reminds me of Trichomania.  It contains coconut, orange and vanilla oils, as well as other nourishing ingredients.  I really want to try this on my hair to see how it works out.  I liked the little Polaroid card with the photo of who made the soap (Sam).  

4.  Solid Conditioners

I have tried the U.S versions of these two solid conditioners, and wanted to see if the formula was any different.  I have purchased Ocean Salt from the U.S. and U.K. stores, and both were different.  The U.K. version had more salt and was a different color.  One thing I have noticed with the solid conditioners is that I really only notice its effectiveness after my hair is completely dry.  The same hold for the Avocado Co-Wash (read more about that here).

  • Sugar Daddy-O
Goes great with the Daddy-O shampoo.
This bar matches the shampoo in color (minus the shimmer) and fragrance.  It is supposed to be more for blondes as it helps to rid tame brassy tones.  The shampoo was great for my hair (brown w/gold & red tones) as it kept it shiny and beautiful.  I have yet to try this conditioner, but I hope it works as well as the U.S. one.   
  • The Plumps

Got about ½ as much as the Daddy-O . *sad*
I have been using this for the past three days, and I have not noticed a difference (yet).  The scent is really indescribable;  earthy/herbal with a sweet finish is the best I can describe it.  The scent does not linger in my hair.  While my hair feels conditioned, it is NOT more voluminous.  Also, if you're thinking that the bar will look like the picture, it doesn't as far as the color is concerned.  It is a much deeper pink.  Do you remember the Easter LifeSavers?  The pink one was cotton candy, and that's what the photo reminded me of.

5.  Samples

Thank you so much to
whoever provided all of these!

In the comments box, I asked to sample the new toothy tabs, since we don't have them in the U.S. yet.      They were kind enough to send me samples of ALL of the tooth products!  Obviously I have not tried them yet, but as I do, I will provide updates.  I think it's interesting that they have left the Toothy Tabs in their pre-pressed, powder form, and have pressed nearly all of the new flavors.

  • Limelight
Image courtesy of lush.co.uk

  • BOOM!
Image courtesy of lush.co.uk

  • Oral Pleasure
Image courtesy of lush.co.uk

  • Atomic (powder)
Image courtesy of lush.co.uk

  • Ultrablast (powder)
Image courtesy of lush.co.uk

  • BLING!
    BLING! tabs are covered in a light gold shimmer powder.
Between the old tabs and this one, I have to say this is one of my least favorites.  I was excited because I love orange, well anything citrusy really.  I should have realized, though, that the guarana  powder and frankincense oil would overpower the flavor.  I do like the tab easily broke apart when I chewed it, unlike the old ones.  The old tabs would leave me spitting out big chunks of product no matter how much I chewed them.
  • Miles of Smiles
Image courtesy of lush.co.uk

  • Tooth Fairy (powder)
Not the best photo.  You can't see the sparkles, but they're there.



Have you used any of the new LUSH products?  Let me know if you have a new favorite, or what you'd like to try.

Stay beautiful!

Comments