RevivHair Placode Booster Serum Review


Thanks to RevivSerums and BrandBacker, I was able to try out RevivHair Placode Booster Serum.  My hair is thin, but I have a lot of it.  Due to medications, my hair has been falling out, and I have issues with my scalp.  Whenever the weather changes, my scalp goes crazy, and it takes a medicated shampoo to help things.  This serum is supposed to encourage new hair growth, strengthen hair against breakage, and help problem scalps.  The serum contains various peptides and act ingredients that are meant to revitalize, strengthen, etc.  You can read more about the product here.  The box includes enough for 30 days and a syringe, and you have to use it daily for best results.   



Day 1:  My hair is a bit frizzy (thanks to the weather).
The pictures were taken with an iPhone 7 Plus w/flash.

I used the product at night, after I showered.  After drawing 1mL into the syringe I applied it to my scalp.  The serum was cooling, but only for a few minutes.  I worked the serum in with my fingertips, giving my scalp a nice massage.  I washed my hands, rinsed out the applicator, put the lid back on the vial, and went to sleep.  In the morning, on days I wouldn't shower after waking up (sometimes I shower at night and then in the morning) I would style my hair as usual.  Because of the texture of the serum, I expected my roots to be oily, but they weren't.  


End of Week 4:  Instead of having
my hair up, I put it down.  It looks like
there was no change, but it definitely feels fuller.
After the end of Week 2:   My hair looks
lighter than it is.  I can't see a difference
at all, but my hair did start to feel different.
















While my hair didn't (and doesn't) look different, I do think that it feels thicker.  The change in thickness was something I noticed about a week in.  Don't expect results overnight.  It has not affected the hair loss, and I didn't really expect it to seeing as the loss is due to medication.  If you are sensitive to smells, the serum has that slightly sweet, generic haircare scent.  You will also want to read the ingredient list and ask any questions in case your scalp is sensitive.  I wonder how my hair will be since I have stopped using the product.  My assumption is that my hair will return back to the way ti was since the treatment isn't being maintained.  The site recommends maintaining treatment three times per week after the first 30 days.  Overall, the product did most of what it said it would, though I don't really see any difference.  On the plus side, my hair does feel fuller.       

The serum system is currently on sale for $44.00 (normally $79.00).  Have you tried this?  Let me know your thoughts on hair revitalizing serums.

Stay beautiful!

Comments