Face: Revlon + Crowdtap

First off, a big thanks to Revlon and Crowdtap for the products in this post.  I recently received four face products to help create the perfect photo-ready look:  Revlon Photoready™ Pore Reducing Primer, Photoready™ Brightening Primer ($12.99 and up at Ulta), Revlon Insta-Blush™ in Nude Kiss ($12.99 at Ulta), and a 4-in-1 Blending Sponge ($7.99 at Ulta), (list provided by crowdtap.com).

Left to Right:  Pore-Reducing Primer, 4-in-1
Sponge, Insta-Blush, Brightening Primer.








After cleansing and moisturizing my skin, I applied Photoready™ Pore Reducing Primer to one half of my face and the Photoready™ Brightening Primer to the other.  The only noticeable difference came from the pore-reducing primer.  My skin looked smoother and felt it, too.  The brightening primer did not make my skin appear any more vibrant; it was as if I was wearing nothing.  I then applied my usual foundation (Eve Pearl).  Again, the only visible results were from the pore-reducing primer.  I also received the Insta-Blush in Nude Kiss.  There are four colors:  Berry Kiss, Rose Gold Kiss, Candy Kiss, and Nude Kiss.  Nude Kiss is very brown with pinkish tones.  This shade went on very sheer.  Even with building the color, it looked more like contour than blush, and blended too much into my skin.  I wish I could have sampled something less like my skin tone.   

Front view

The side
The end







I used the 4-in-1 Sponge that was provided to apply, and feel a bit let down.  BeautyBlender has been my go-to sponge since it launched, but I love trying out new products.  Initially I thought this sponge would be perfect for creating a flawless look.  It is very dense, and I recommend dampening it before use.  You may find that you go through more makeup with this sponge versus other.  The end bit is great for applying makeup all over, and the pointed tip is great for small, creased areas.  The downside is that the sponge is so dense, it makes it difficult to really blend.  I also noticed more pronounced lines in foundation, and had to use the BeautyBlender to clean up my look.

Overall, I am very grateful to Revlon and Crowdtap for the sampling opportunity.  I would recommend two of the four products as they worked best for me (pore-reducing primer and the Insta-Blush in a different shade).  Like I always say, what works for one may not work for another, so give products a try.  You never know what will end up a new favorite.  Have you tried any of the new Revlon products?  If you have a favorite, let me know!

Stay beautiful!

Comments