Sunday Riley: UFO

Sorry for the dark image!  The flash just wasn't working out.

My skin has been changing; also, the more I stress the more I'm break out.  My go-to product has always been calamine lotion.  I either mix it in my lotion or use it as a spot treatment, but I wanted to try something new.  Sunday Riley has a fantastic(ally expensive) serum, Good Genes, which I love because it works.  I went on to see what else she had.  I ended up buying Sunday Riley's UFO trial pack (no longer available) that included the UFO: Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil and travel-sized Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner in the hopes that my skin would clear up.  The texture of the toner is like a thick water-- definitely more water-like than gel-like.  Martian is lightweight and absorbs fast; smells a bit earthy and medicinal, but is tolerable.  The oil is your typical face oil, but it smells horrendous (to me anyway).  It could be the cumin seed oil coupled with the tea tree oil.  I'm not really sure.

The face oil is supposed to help purify and clarify, while simultaneously brightening dark spots, treat/prevent acne, minimize pores and blackheads, and decongest pores.  The toner is meant to clarify the skin, remove oil, and tighten pores.  When combined, the products are supposed to be a powerful, skin-beautifying duo.

The first week I layered with the toner first followed by the oil.  I didn't realize how much toner would come out, and a full pump is enough for at least two uses on my face.  So I tried to control the amount of product by lightly pressing on the pump.  After the toner was absorbed, I took two to three drops of oil and applied it all over, but concentrating on the more affected areas.  In the first week my skin didn't look much different at all.  I found a dropper during the second week, and decided to mix half of the toner with half of the oil.  Since then, that's how I've been applying them.  They separate, so I just give the bottle a good shake and use about a dime-sized amount.  Less product is wasted, and what is there lasts longer.

It has now been about a month.  How does my skin look?  Honestly, I'm not sure that it has really helped at all.  My skin is hydrated, but then I always follow up with a moisturizer & SPF.  The products haven't made my skin worse (a plus), but it hasn't really changed it (a minus).  That being said, if you're wanting to try a new line that may work for you, pick up a sample or two from Sephora or try one of their gift/travel sets.   

Comments