Mini ULTA Haul

So I thought I would be productive and get a head-start on Christmas shopping.  Since Halloween and fall have been taking over stores since August, you know the holiday items will soon follow.  I try to get most of my shopping done over summer, unless there are holiday sets I can't pass up.  ULTA had some good promotions, a couple of which may still be available, and BOOM, half my Christmas list is complete (okay, not half, but nearly).  Anyway, here is what I purchased:

Sorry!  The picture isn't the greatest.


1.  ULTA Brand Eyeshadow Palette:  Gilded Gold
Image courtesy of ulta.com

For a store brand, ULTA has good-quality pigments.  Both this and the Gilded Rose palette are great for anyone who is looking for something to travel with, or someone who is just starting to wear eyeshadow.  There are several finishes (i.e matte, shimmer, etc.) and colors from across the more neutral spectrum.  You can go from a fresh, no-makeup look to a more dramatic night-on-the-town look, by taking the colors from one palette.

Color List  (courtesy of ulta.com)

Lustre - light golden shimmer
Gilded - medium taupe brown with golden shimmer
Flicker - medium orange with copper shimmer
Starlet - deep warm brown with golden glitter
Opal - deep pinkish brown with pink shimmer
Midnight - deep blue grey with multicolor and silver glitter
Bone - light creamy matte
Tan - medium warm tan matte
Singed - medium taupe brown matte
Scorched - deep warm brown matte
Lava - medium violet matte
Coal - deep black matte
 
2.  ULTA Brand Eyeshadow Palette:  Rose Gold

Image courtesy of ulta.com
The Rose Gold and Gilded Gold palettes may look the same, but differ quite a bit.  The Rose Gold palette, for one, does not contain black in any form.  Mauve, pink, brown, and other rich tones are highlighted in this palette.  Similar to its counterpart are the finishes, and a variety of looks can be created using this range of colors.  

Color List  (courtesy of ulta.com)

Champagne - light golden tan shimmer
Pink - light pink shimmer
Hopeless Romantic - medium mauve the silver shimmer
Chandelier - medium brown with golden shimmer
Luxe - deep reddish brown with pink shimmer
Dahlia - deep plum with pink glitter
Prosecco - light cream matte
Bubbles - light pink matte
Breathless - medium mauve matte
Dessert - deep cool brown matte
Sweetheart - deep rich reddish brown matte
Orchid - deep violet matte

3.  ULTA Brand Raincoat Waterproof Mascara Topcoat

This clear coat is supposed to lock in your mascara, so no matter what you're doing, your mascara won't make you look like a hot mess.  I, literally, just put it on, and it does dry clear.  It's a bit opaque; similar to the color of the PTR peeling gel.  In the description, it also says that the product is great as an eyebrow gel, so I put some on my brows.  Most of the time, clear brow gel will start to flake and (of course) look white.  Anyway, I was interested because I have been looking for a mascara setting product.  I used two different mascaras, one from tarte and a duo from Urban Decay.  I will update you on how well it worked.

Short Update:  So, I thought I would test it out by watching something that would make me cry to test the product...alone of course... 'cause everyone knows I HATE crying in front of others.  So far, the mascara has stayed put.  My lashes also don't feel dry and crunchy.  Thus far, it has been a great product.  I will head to the gym later for further testing.
 
4.  Hask Coconut Monoi Oil Vial

Image courtesy of ulta.com
These oils were buy two get one free, and I am really on a hair oil kick.  I also love the smell of monoi oil.  It reminds me of summer nights on the balcony overlooking Waikiki Beach.  I am quite excited to try this out.  My plan?  Treat my hair, scrub my face, and apply a face mask.  Then, relax with some tea and a hot bubble bath.  It'll be like a mini tropical vacation.
  
5.  Hask Keratin Protein Oil Vial

Image courtesy of ulta.com
The Keratin oil smells like a light fruit salad.  it is supposed to smooth and strengthen the hair, so once I try it, I will update you on my results. 

6.  Hask Macadamia Oil Vial

Image courtesy of ulta.com
The scent of this oil reminds me of a light vanilla-musk.  I just applied some to my hair to use as a treatment.  You can use it as part of your styling routine as well.  It is definitely lightweight.  This formula is supposed to revitalize my hair, so I guess we will find out.  I like that a little goes a long way.  I applied about a dime-sized amount to dry hair.  Next time, I will apply it on wet hair, to see if there is a difference. 

I have yet to put these oils to the test.  I do like the scents, and I like that they come in a convenient travel vial.  Each vial has a cap that snaps on, so no need to worry about the vials leaking.

Gift With Purchase Items (Note:  Each bag came with a $5 off $15+ ULTA brand purchase.):

1.  ULTA Fall Amethyst Bag Set
 
Image courtesy of ulta.com

This bag is more of a chocolate brown with a purple tone, and is great for holding a small mount of makeup.  It is long enough to fit full-sized brushes and smaller palettes and skincare.  This set in particular came with the following:

-  Three Shadow Quads
-  Two Brushes + One Sponge Tip
-  One Highlighter/Blush Duo
-  One Shadow Topcoat
-  Mini Nail Polish
-  Mini Ligloss
-  Double-Ended Eye Pencil
-  Brow Tint
-  One Full-Sized Mascara
-  One Full-Sized Lipstick
2.   ULTA Beauty Bag

This bag is not that attractive, but holds so much.  I am using it as my gym toiletry bag.  The products you see below (sorry for the poor quality!) took up less than half the available bag space!  The packet samples are a nice way to try something new, but sometimes they are not large enough to really see if you will like the product.  The Urban Decay and tarte samples are single-use, but if you play your cards right, you will get a couple of uses out of the samples.
   



The Bag
Makeup:  Urban Decay, smashbox, ULTA,
Laura Geller, tarte, benefit
Hair: John Frieda, Hask, Kenra, phtyo









Skin:  The Body Shop, Algenist,
Mario Badescu, philosopy











Perfume:  Juicy Couture, Gucci

 





3.  Variety Sampler

With every ULTA purchase, you can choose to have samples added, free of charge.  There are three mystery samplers:  Fragrance, Skincare, and Variety.  In the past, I have not found the samples to be anything significant, this time was no different.  Last time I opted for the Variety, and they sent me three hair packets from L'oreal.  This time, I opted for Skincare, and was provided the POREfessional single-use packet and the smashbox Photo Finish Primer packet (not pictured).  Free is always nice, but I prefer Sephora's selection. 

Comments