FabFitFun: Summer 2017

I absolutely LOVED the spring edition of FabFitFun (I should probably finish my review), and was equally impressed with the summer box.  Since I don't subscribe annually, and I probably should, I never know which designs will be in my set.  Everyone knows I hate pink, with the exception of the Cheshire Cat.  The summer box had pink in three of their items:  bkr bottle, Michael Stars ruana, and travel tag/passport set.  Luckily, I received the blue bkr and blue ruana.  I also received the Salted salt kit, necklace from kris nations, a collagen pack from Vital Proteins, Cargo HD bronze highlighter, Juice Beauty Smoothing Eye Concentrate, Way of Will massage oil, and Eau Thermale Avene SPF lotion.  I love that these items are travel-friendly, especially since we will be traveling quite a bit.

Image courtesy of mybkr.com

I have wanted a bkr bottle for ages, but would never fork over the money.  They start at $28 for the 250 mL size and increase from there.  Imagine my surprise when one, in a beautiful shade of blue (called Romeo), was there to greet me.  The size we received was 500 mL (Romeo, $35 retail). 
Image courtesy of avene.com
The Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50+ (face) ($24.00 retail) from Avene is also a welcomed sight.  I am running out of sunscreen.  Normally I use COOLA or Sun Bum, but I'm going to give this a chance.  Our trip will take us to Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, so it will most likely still be warm and sunny-- for the most part, anyway.  
Image courtesy of juicebeauty.com
Eye creams either work or they don't.  My favorite was EyeCon from benefit, but they stopped selling that long ago.  It was the only eye cream to really reduce the dark circles dramatically.  That being said, I am a fan of Juice Beauty.  When I saw that their Smoothing Eye Concentrate ($29.00 retail) would be in this box, I was excited.  Maybe this will actually work.
Image courtesy of wayofwill.com
It's been a few weeks since I've been to the gym.  Now that things are starting to calm down, I am hoping to go back regularly.  When I'm at home I try to at least get some barre and yoga in.  The Way of Will 03 Soothe and Cool Post-Training Oil ($29.50 retail) is a soothing way to pamper my muscles after even the smallest of workouts.  I was so happy to receive this.  The other option subscribers got was the Klorane dry shampoo, which I have and keep getting defective bottles.
Image courtesy of michaelstars.com
While we are gone, we plan on spending some time in the pool area.  The ruana by Michael Stars is very versatile.  It an be converted into a scarf, sarong, or poncho.  Michael Stars has collaborated with FabFitFun and the Joyful Heart Foundation, so 25% of each ruana ($54.00 retail) that is sold will be donated to the foundation.  There are three fun styles to choose from.
Image courtesy of fabfitfun.com
I love to cook, so getting the Salted set was right up my alley.  The set has two pink salt rocks, a grater, and a wood block ($26.00 retail).  This particular set also came with a three month online food course.  I can't wait to try out the salt grater!

Image courtesy of krisnations.com

Kris Nations has some fun jewelry and packaging.  I received the Howlite Mystic Bar Necklace ($58.00 retail) in silver tone.  It came in a cute little corked bottle with a note about the stone, and can be adjusted 16"-18".  Howlite is supposed to promote calmness, so I'll have to wear it for awhile and see what happens.
Image courtesy of cargocosmetics.com
Cargo is one of my favorite makeup brands.  This season's box contained the HD Picture Perfect Highligther in Bronze ($30.00 retail).  If you want to add a little glow to your look, this is the perfect product for you.  I also like to use it as an eye shadow.

Our box also contained a sample of powdered, flavorless collagen from Vital Proteins ($48.00/20 sticks, retail) made from fish scales.  Yes, you read that right.  Fish scales!  Now, I know there are other sources of collagen that are as equally unappetizing, but since I have it I'll try it.  Although I doubt highly results show at all after one use.  Taking into account the price for 20 sticks, this sample is $2.40 retail.

Total value:  $287.90

If you'd like to subscribe, click here, and get $10.00 off of your first box!  You get a discount, and I'll get a little credit.

Comments